XmClipboardEndCopy - A clipboard function that ends
a copy to the clipboard
int XmClipboardEndCopy (display, window, item_id)
Display * display;
XmClipboardEndCopy locks the clipboard from access
by other applications, places data in the clipboard data structure,
and unlocks the clipboard. Data items copied to the clipboard by
not actually entered in the clipboard data structure until the call to
This function also frees up temporary storage that was allocated by
must be called before XmClipboardEndCopy. The latter
function should not be called if XmClipboardCancelCopy has been
- Specifies a pointer to the Display structure
that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay
- Specifies a widget's window ID that relates the application
window to the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained by
using XtWindow. The same application instance should
pass the same window ID to each clipboard function it calls.
- Specifies the number assigned to this data item. This number
was returned by a previous call to XmClipboardStartCopy.
- The function is successful.
- The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another
application. The application can continue to call the function again
with the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the
application the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or
to give up on the operation.
- The function failed because XmClipboardStartCopy was not