XmClipboardInquireCount - A clipboard function that
returns the number of data item formats
int XmClipboardInquireCount (display, window, count,
Display * display;
int * count;
unsigned long * max_format_name_length;
XmClipboardInquireCount returns the number of data
item formats available for the data item in the clipboard. This
function also returns the maximum name-length for all formats in which
the data item is stored.
- Specifies a pointer to the Display structure
that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay
- Specifies a widget's window ID that relates the application
window to the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained by
using XtWindow. The same application instance should
pass the same window ID to each of the clipboard functions that it
- Returns the number of data item formats available for the data
item in the clipboard. If no formats are available, this argument
equals zero. The count includes the formats that were passed by name.
- Specifies the maximum length of all format names for the data
item in the clipboard.
- The function is successful.
- The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another
application. The application can continue to call the function again
with the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the
application the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or
to give up on the operation.
- The function could not find data on the clipboard corresponding
to the format requested. This could occur because the clipboard is
empty; there is data on the clipboard but not in the requested format;
or the data in the requested format was passed by name and is no