XmClipboardInquireFormat - A clipboard function
that returns a specified format name
int XmClipboardInquireFormat (display, window, index, format_name_buf,
Display * display;
unsigned long buffer_len;
unsigned long * copied_len;
XmClipboardInquireFormat returns a specified
format name for the data item in the clipboard. If the name must be
truncated, the function returns a warning status.
- Specifies a pointer to the Display structure
that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay
- Specifies a widget's window ID that relates the application
window to the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained by
using XtWindow. The same application instance should
pass the same window ID to each of the clipboard functions that it
- Specifies which of the ordered format names to obtain. If this
index is greater than the number of formats for the data item, this
function returns a zero in the copied_len argument.
- Specifies the buffer that receives the format name.
- Specifies the number of bytes in the format name buffer.
- Specifies the number of bytes in the string copied to the
buffer. If this argument equals zero, there is no nth format
for the data item.
- The function is successful.
- The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another
application. The application can continue to call the function again
with the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the
application the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or
to give up on the operation.
- The data returned is truncated because the user did not provide
a buffer large enough to hold the data.
- The function could not find data on the clipboard corresponding
to the format requested. This could occur because the clipboard is
empty; there is data on the clipboard but not in the requested format;
or the data in the requested format was passed by name and is no